"An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet. Regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break." ~Chinese proverb

Monday, January 31, 2011

1 year Gotcha Day!

One year ago today Stacy and I were sitting in our hotel lobby in China waiting to catch a glimpse of our little girl. We were a bundle of nerves but so excited! We didn't know what to expect. The sweet family that was with us  also adopting a little girl, they had just got their little one and she was crying so hard she was throwing up! They were about an hour late getting Bronwyn to us. We were pacing around the lobby, then 2 ladies walked in with a bundle and that bundle was Bronwyn. They put her on the floor and I picked her up and she just looked around with that serious look she had in all her pictures we got of her. She was quite and somber and it made me sad to think of what she had been through in her short life. We took her upstairs and she cried a little until we gave her a snack cake and she stopped. ;) Just like her Baba! I can always soothe him with snack cakes also. LOL! I changed her 4 layers of boy clothes and put a dress and tights on her. She just sat on the bed rubbing up and down her legs feeling the tights. It was so sweet! It has been remarkable to see how far she has come! God has blessed us all so much!






"O LORD, You are my God; I will exalt you, I will give thanks to your name; for you have worked wonders, plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness." (Isaiah 25:1)


I can't believe how much she has grown and changed!

No comments:

Post a Comment